Home

Posted on

There have been a number of lovely memories inspired within me this last week, and perhaps my favorite was recalling the time I spent in Ireland while I was at University, a ten day tour with my small chamber choir as we toured several cities, stopping to sing at churches, pubs, and even a castle or two. I felt so bestirred by emotion during that trip, yet unwilling to take for granted a single moment. In my head like a gentle mantra, I kept remembering a concept attributed to Confucius in my philosophy courses: “No matter where you go, there you are.” To be true, no matter where we visited in Ireland, I was so present in that place and time, I could almost feel the passageways of my mind taking careful, ardent notes of my surroundings and experiences, in order to paint the most meaningful memories.

And one particularly lush recollection I have of Ireland is its bodies of water, how unique they felt to me. The North Atlantic Ocean lapping the shores of Galway was the same one I’d swam in whilst visiting New Jersey as a girl, but it felt so profoundly different: stoic and serene, worldly and wise, as though it was regarding this young woman with its thoughtful blue-gray eyes, asking her to stay awhile, maybe have a pint, and please: feel right at home.

The other day, I wrote that: “the most simple and poetic way I know how to describe it is that when you find your place here, Second Life feels like coming home.” I would expand upon that to say that it’s so much more than the platform that inspires this feeling, but truly the people and experiences we share within. I feel as though I’m emerging at last with grateful clarity from the occasional storms that have paused for a while on my prairie these past few weeks, and I have a number of wonderful SL residents to thank for that. Because without you, kind souls, this virtual world is like a harbor without a lighthouse. Or to borrow a beautiful sentiment from my favorite poet, Pablo Neruda: “You occupied the house that darkly awaited you, and then you lit the lamps …”

“Relieved … I’m so relieved
The tables are turning
Don’t sacrifice this feeling
Home, is this my home?
Been starting over
Bathe in the water …”

Look

Slink Body – Hourglass v1.5.1
Mandala Ears – Steking Ears Season 5
Avi-Glam Eyes – Elysian Eyes (Sunrise) *
Elua Hair – Oceana (Blonde HUD)

TETRA Lingerie – Sporty Bra & Panties (fatpack for Maitreya Lara, Slink Hourglass & Slink Physique) New Release @ Kustom9, through August 10th *
!Bang Poses – Tease 3

✈ Sights: Black Basalt Beach
🎧 Sounds: Engineers – Home

12 thoughts on “Home

matzukazebalestra said:
    July 23, 2016 at 9:22 am

Awww this is beautiful Ever.

July 27, 2016 at 11:45 pm

Thank you so much, Matzu! Sending you great big hugs, my sweet friend! ♥

Alex Danick said:
    July 23, 2016 at 10:01 am

Outstanding as usual, Ever!!!

July 27, 2016 at 11:45 pm

You are always so encouraging and kind, Alex! Thank you tremendously for being you! ♥

lucydiam0nd said:
    July 23, 2016 at 10:10 am

fabulous, this just grabbed me, specially this: “No matter where you go, there you are.” words to live by.. I love what you describe in Ireland, gives such a clear picture and even more than a place, a state of mind, and you can feel it and breathe it.. and its blissful when you do.. lovely entrance Ever.. so glad I came to read it <3

July 27, 2016 at 11:47 pm

Awww, Lucy! You honor me so much with your words, thank you so sincerely for visiting my blog and leaving such a beautiful comment. You’re an absolute delight, and peeking your pictures on Flickr is always a true highlight of any day – so creative and thoughtfully captured. You’re wonderful, dear lady! ♥

Astrid de Manyet said:
    July 24, 2016 at 12:49 pm

Beautiful post :)

July 27, 2016 at 11:49 pm

Thank you always for your amazing kindness and support, Astrid! ♥

July 25, 2016 at 9:05 am

Traveling leaves you speechless then turns you into a storyteller! You know how I feel about Ireland! I’ve spent some wonderful family moments in Galway. Lovely thoughts always Ever.

July 27, 2016 at 11:53 pm

Sweet Cybele! It’s such a pleasure to share our love for Ireland, and Galway is just the most heartwarmingly welcoming and amazing town; it has always been my dream to live there one day. And to answer your question below, I do indeed still sing, though my once high voice has dropped to mezzo-soprano / alto in range. So amazing how quickly that happens when you don’t sing daily! :) I hope you’re having a wonderful week, dear lady! ♥

July 28, 2016 at 8:47 am

oh yes!! I used to sing in choir as well. It really increases those endorphins and puts you in the moment! ( as does dance) Blessings Ever and Slainte!!

July 25, 2016 at 9:06 am