Heart Hope

Posted on

There’s a beautiful collaboration threading its way through Flickr at the moment, created and curated by my always thoughtful and tremendously artistic friend GoodCross, on behalf of the White Canvas Gallery. It’s called the I Stand For Peace Challenge, and its aim is to “disown the mindless violence around us, and do something about it as artists”.

I have to be vulnerable for a moment and confess in honesty that when I first learned of this wonderful challenge, my heart just wasn’t in the right place to participate. I don’t mean from an ideological standpoint; I think the world of GC’s intentions, and I’m a passionate advocate for peace, equality, and freedom in all its myriad forms. But rather, in the days since my last post, SLife has been a riotous roller coaster of marvelous highs and melancholy lows. Everything from spontaneously spiriting around the course at Relay For Life whilst performing a choreographed pom-pom dance with two of my dear friends, tears of joyful laughter blurring my vision as we lag-looped our way through the connected regions … to finding myself once more in tears of a far more somber sort, deeply akin to those I wrote about several days ago.

But clouds, as they gracefully do, started to gently lift, and a bright parhelion began shining in my direction. Several of them, actually, in the form of nominations to participate in this challenge. And I realized that I was being indulgent and selfish in my sadness, and that’s so uncharacteristic of the beautifully collaborative nature of SL. One of Linden Lab’s original slogans was “Your World, Your Imagination”, and that always resonated so deeply with me, because the “your” in this case can be both singular and collective, and often times our community comes together in incredibly thoughtful, poignant ways. From supporting a virtual world designer who’s facing a health crisis, to fundraising for a tragedy like the Pulse Nightclub shooting, SL residents have always had a profound desire to support and inspire, to pay it forward and pledge solidarity for a worthwhile cause.

And because the universe works in brilliantly thoughtful ways, when I was contemplating what kind of picture to take, this song came on my SL playlist and its symbolism aligned perfectly with my thoughts in more ways than one. When it comes to peace, whether inward or as a greater hope, I always return to one of my touchstones, Joseph Campbell’s teaching: “follow your bliss”. I truly believe that if we all followed this simple but tremendously profound philosophy, peace would prosper because genuine bliss never creates divisions, strife, feelings of lack, or unworthiness. If we could all just express heartfelt love, appreciation, gratitude, and respect for each-other, we would do just as GoodCross yearns and all be united in every world and reality.

It’s a beautiful hope to hold onto; hope is so essential and a truly enlightened state of grace. So until that hope becomes a reality, I stand for peace. And it’s my dearest wish that you will too. ♡

“Cause I need something more than everything
A higher self deep within
And I know, we need a little heart hope
I know we’ve gotta outgrow, and feel a little heart hope
Cause there is something more than everything
So feel the love and let it in
Cause I know, we need a little heart hope …”

Look
Izzie’s Freckles – Body Freckles II (Maitreya, Belleza, Slink Appliers & System Layers)
Mandala Ears – Steking Ears Season 5
Damien Fate Eyelashes – FATELashes v2.0
Avi-Glam Eyes – Ardent Eyes (Sky v2) *
Eaters Coma Hair – Hair 49 (Light Mauve)

Paper Arrow Jewelry – Heart Necklace (Gold)
Corvus Wings – Mesh Wings (White)
Phedora Bodysuit – Asteria Bodysuit (Maitreya Lara)
Imeka Pose – Loli Pose 1

10 thoughts on “Heart Hope

July 19, 2016 at 8:03 am

Beautiful thoughts! Lovely image.

Will said:
    July 19, 2016 at 8:32 am

I’m so glad you feel better, Ever. The race was so much fun, I’m laughing thinking about it. You flaunt them wings, you lil angel, you! :)

July 27, 2016 at 11:17 pm

Bey! I adore you, but I’ll never let you forget how you threw pom-poms to the wind like a DIVA, forcing Aaron and I to go the last region or two alone. You even missed out on getting the epic Turtle Award! Although showing up at our photo shoot and doing a Classy Glamour Glitter Girl encore made me forgive you (just a little bit). Thank you for being you, my devilish friend! ♥

Charly Keating said:
    July 19, 2016 at 10:05 am

Your blog sincerely Ever, helps me thru my darkest days. You have no idea of the way your words, thoughts, and sincerity latch onto the heart. Your writing is a gift from whatever God you believe in, and it is a GIFT! The past few days I was sent spiraling into an abyss that I felt I would never recover from, but today I awoke to a new found hope and strength. I found myself questioning why actions from others have such a huge affect on my inner soul, and I made a consciousness decision to only let my actions control me. I found the Peace I was looking for, to just love this broken and cracked woman I am. I’m at Peace now. Your beautiful words inspire me to be stronger, wiser, and more loving. Thank you so much Ever….my Flickr sister always.

Liked by 2 people

July 27, 2016 at 11:22 pm

My amazing and wonderful Flickr sis, you are beautiful inside and out, and I appreciate you and your kindness so very much. Your tender heart speaks volumes about what a lovely person you are, and any time you need a little glue to mend the cracks, or a shoulder to lean on to dry the tears, please find me and know that I’ll be there with open arms and sincere care. You’re a sensational lady, and I adore you! ♥

Mariana Barthelmess said:
    July 20, 2016 at 3:03 am

Beautiful photo, it sure was a great contribution ! I confess that I found myself on good days , and read your posts with words so sensitive gave me a breath of hope that I needed … His words convey good feelings .. Continue honoring us with such sensitivity ! And I loved the music .. Hugs♥

July 27, 2016 at 11:35 pm

You are so lovely and sweet, Mariana! Thank you so much for your beautiful words, they truly warm my heart, and I appreciate you tremendously. Sending big hugs your way! ♥

Astrid de Manyet said:
    July 20, 2016 at 4:08 am

A beautiful post and beautiful photo. I love this ‘challenge’ and idea. ♥

July 27, 2016 at 11:36 pm

Thank you so much, Astrid! It truly was a thoughtful challenge from GoodCross, he’s a super fella and I really admire the way he continues to promote and celebrate artistry in Second Life. I hope you are having a wonderful week, dear lady! ♥