Saving Us a Riot

I’ve been having trouble with inspiration these last few days, but not in the way you might expect. Rather than feeling the well run dry, it’s been brimming with ideas, full-to-overflowing with notions for pictures that I’d like to explore … but what I’m finding, more and more, is that my photographic interests are running much more toward artistic endeavors, and further from those that are more apropos for blogging. This has created an interesting schism in my thinking, because I really do enjoy styling and blogging with a fashion focus. Yet at the same time, I find myself so awe-inspired and intoxicated by the passion that drives my more artistically-motivated friends on Flickr.

So in an effort to be kind to myself and ease the gentle tug-of-war inside my head, I decided that I was just going to forget about blogging for the time and take a picture motivated by the song that had been haunting my thoughts. Music is such a deeply moving inspirational spark for me, and amongst the hundreds of songs in my “SL Soundtrack” playlist, this one had been playing in my mind like a mantra. As it happens, the lyrics were more poignant that I had expected, given the friendly riot that my conflicting thoughts had inspired. And even more fortuitously, two of the items I had intended to blog fit the mood just perfectly. I don’t anticipate this will happen all the time (though it would be lovely!) but I took advantage of the wonderful happenstance and really enjoyed that I could finally try something more moody and thoughtful in nature.

“there’s a lullaby, saving us a riot
giving back the time, stilling my desire
she knows it’s mad, the snow’s come back
the rose unburned, the page unturned …”

Look

Damien Fate Eyelashes – FATELashes v2.0
Avi-Glam Eyes – Ardent Eyes (Fjord v2) *
Murray Hair – Amanda (Dark Blondes HUD) New Release @ The Crystal Heart Festival, through July 28th *

Faenzo Top – Wool Sweater (Pearl) New Release @ The Crystal Heart Festival, through July 28th *
Label Motion Pose – Brenda Pose 1 *

✈ Sights: The Golden Wood
🎧 Sounds: Phoria – Saving Us a Riot

Going forward, though … well, it’s like my lovely and beautiful friend Portia wrote about so eloquently in her recent blog post: being driven by the creative process is what leads to the most fulfilling and worthwhile results. And as I mentioned the other day, my enjoyment of Second Life increases exponentially for every moment that I take to actually enjoy it: spending time, or just having lovely conversations, with kindred spirits; exploring the amazing depth and breadth of destinations that exist on the grid; listening to live music, or grooving to streaming tunes at a favorite region; meeting people, watching people, taking sneaky photographs to send as gifts … and always, always, exploring new ideas for pictures of my own. That is where my heart lies lately, and it’s where I would like to gratefully make my home. ♡

12 thoughts on “Saving Us a Riot

Lucie Bluebird said:
    July 2, 2016 at 8:56 am

I love this post… it’s so thoughtful and insightful. And the picture is lovely, as always!

July 2, 2016 at 7:12 pm

You are always so thoughtful and kind, Lucie! Thank you so much, sweet lady, I truly appreciate you! ♥

Nessa June said:
    July 2, 2016 at 12:03 pm

Loved how the picture totally captured the essence of the song. Great song too by the way! So achingly elegant but simple.

July 2, 2016 at 7:34 pm

I’m so thrilled and delighted that you like the song, Nessa! I’ve listened to it countless times lately, it just tugs on my heartstrings something fierce. :) Thank you so much for your amazing compliment, you are truly so kind! ♥

Moz Loordes said:
    July 2, 2016 at 1:27 pm

Gorgeous photo, Ever! I love taking pictures just for the sake of it, not because I have to blog an item/items in particular, but because the scene has created something beyond the image – I suppose it is a feeling in the heart. These are always spontaneous and never planned as such – and that’s why it is so annoying that I spend ages arranging H&G stuff and it never looks as good as one of those chance snaps!

July 2, 2016 at 7:43 pm

Thank you so much, sweet Moz! Taking pictures for the sake of it, because something compels and inspires you … ahhh, that is the dream! You said it so beautifully: it speaks to the feeling in the heart. And that’s such a thoughtful, honest way to create, that spontaneity. I’ll bet you have such a cache of wonderful destinations for me to explore! I will find you in-world soon. Warm weekend wishes to you! ♥

Alex Danick said:
    July 2, 2016 at 2:27 pm

Loved the expression,Ever!!!

SueGeeli DeCuir said:
    July 3, 2016 at 10:49 pm

Lovely picture and such nice writing. Another great post :)

July 7, 2016 at 6:58 pm

Thank you so very much, SueGeeli! I really appreciate your kindness! ♥

Miya said:
    July 4, 2016 at 3:23 am

Go with your inner creative flow…let the thoughts out free writing (reflective or phenomenologically) and you can edit your text later. When you feel that creative pull and as ideas are pouring our, it’s your inner self seeking a voice. It’s a journey all writers go through and a journey from the mundane into the profane (outside your comfort zone). Once you step out creatively you will begin a journey of creative growth (and mistakes) as you fine your own signature. It’s awesome! It’s playing with your medium, and looking at things anew. Hugs!!

July 7, 2016 at 6:59 pm

You’re so incredibly thoughtful and wise, Miya! I love the thought of the “inner self seeking a voice”; that’s such a beautiful notion. Thank you so much for your amazing words, I will be thinking about them for a long while. Big hugs! ♥