Into the Mystic

Do you ever have those moments in life where it feels like your karmic balance has reached its peak, and wonderful people, experiences, and happenstances begin flowing in? That’s the best way I can describe these last few weeks, really since right around my birthday, which is especially poignant and profound, considering the passing of the baton from one year to the next is often cause for strife or worrisome self-reflection. But no, not this year. I’m feeling uplifted and energized, awoken and alive, as though wildfires have been stirred from the quiet ashes that had been slumbering and smoldering inside. It’s all sounds very poetic and romanticized, I know, but sometimes those are the only words that speak to my heart. Perhaps better borrowed from the lush lyrics of Van Morrison, I feel like the world has on a mission to “rock [my] gypsy soul”, and now I’m on the most magnificent flow I’ve had the pleasure of experiencing for a long, long time. ♡

Into the Mystic

“Hark now, hear the sailors cry
Smell the sea, and feel the sky
Let your soul and spirit fly
Into the mystic …”

Look

Damien Fate Eyelashes – FATELashes v2.0
Inkheart Eyes – Astral Eyes (Garden) for A Midsummer Night’s Dream Hunt, through July 21st *
Elua Hair – Daria (Browns HUD)
Nanika Tattoo – Anika (in White for Maitreya, Belleza, Slink, Omega & System Layers) New Release @ On9, through June 28th *

SlackGirl Jewelry – Farah Earrings New Release @ On9, through June 28th *
Mimikri Swimsuit – Joli Leather Bikini (Nude) New Release @ On9, through June 28th *
AlaskaMetro<3 Anklets – Jess Fringed Anklets (Metallics Pack) New Release @ On9, through June 28th *
Label Motion Pose – Iggy Pose 4 New Release @ Tres Chic, through July 5th *

✈ Sights: The Trace Too
🎧 Sounds: Van Morrison – Into the Mystic

I also want to take a moment to thank the amazing people I’ve had the pleasure of meeting in Second Life since I returned in late April. Some were friendships rekindled and renewed from last year, while others are newly formed, and all are so incredibly dear to me. I mentioned to a friend that I had been making an especial effort to get out and enjoy the grid, and she noted with some regret that she needfully finds herself spending so much time in her skybubble taking photographs and writing, sorting inventory and getting organized, in order to stay atop her blogging commitments. I know this tendency so well that the words felt as though they had been pulled from my own experience.

But for my own enjoyment and well-being, and after such an encouraging response to what I wrote weeks ago about the anxieties of making new connections, I’ve come to the realization that for me to genuinely and sincerely express appreciation for the virtual world, I need to get out there and experience it. It may mean blogging with slightly less frequency, or getting a bit further behind on keeping up with Flickr, but after such an extraordinary month and a half back in Second Life, I don’t want to risk those impassioned inner fires burning out once more. Even if that means something so simple as being folded in a relaxing pose on a kindred spirit’s boat, my heart bestirred by the sound of the waves and the gaze upon a beautiful vista, it still makes me feel feel as though I were soaring.

“And when that foghorn blows,
I will be coming home …”

22 thoughts on “Into the Mystic

mrxclusiive said:
    June 21, 2016 at 8:00 am

wow ever that is soo beautiful and the look u give is super sexy and stunning amazing work <3

thehaydeenway said:
    June 21, 2016 at 8:50 am

omgggggg so sweet and lovely, sexy, ‘tsa great shot hunnie! ♥

Luna X said:
    June 21, 2016 at 11:18 am

soo sexy ever!!! very nice shot! i love it! ^^ <3

June 22, 2016 at 5:05 am

Thank you so tremendously, beautiful Luna! Your recent picture in your “White Lies” post just made me drop my jaw. It’s so gorgeous; love the colors and the look. You’re amazing! ♥

June 21, 2016 at 4:59 pm

“Hark now, hear the sailors cry
    Smell the sea, and feel the sky
    Let your soul and spirit fly
    Into the mystic …” I love this-perfect lyrics for your sentiments and lovely image

June 22, 2016 at 5:06 am

Thank you SO much, Cybele! It always thrills me when I find a song that perfectly matches a picture’s mood. Sometimes it can be a challenge. :) I hope you’re having a beautiful week! ♥

June 22, 2016 at 8:53 am

me too! which is why I often include them in my story posts too! thank you and you too.

matzukazebalestra said:
    June 21, 2016 at 6:24 pm

Ah this was a really great blog post Ever! I honestly have been stuck in thinking about my life and life choices since my own birthday. I’m working on getting to the emotional place you are. Wish me luck haha.

June 22, 2016 at 5:07 am

Awww, thank you so much dear Matzu, and you always have my luck and best wishes! If you ever feel kinda stuck and uninspired in-world, never hesitate to look me up; I’m always down for kindred spirits to go exploring with. I’ll bet you know some amazing places I’ve never seen. Big hugs! ♥

SueGeeli DeCuir said:
    June 21, 2016 at 7:03 pm

Love the serenity of the pic and your look. Good to hear you are feeling good and happy belated birthday!

June 22, 2016 at 5:07 am

Thank you tremendously, dear SueGeeli! I’m so happy you like the picture, and your belated birthday wishes are truly so warm and welcoming! ♥

[…] made these beautiful tattoos for this round. If you’d like to see them in white, my darling Ever has done a wonderful blog post with them. I’m also wearing these lovely platforms from […]

Moz Loordes said:
    June 25, 2016 at 8:50 am

Glad to get to know you, Ever, and enjoying your blog!

June 25, 2016 at 1:33 pm

Likewise, Moz! You’re incredibly thoughtful and kind, and I always appreciate your comments tremendously. Big hugs! ♥

Alex Danick said:
    June 26, 2016 at 11:56 am

woooow…. you look simply great!!