Black Cherry

One of the many things I had always longed to do in Second Life was to visit Elysion, a deliciously named sim with a mythical (in my own mind) presence on the grid. Its Places listing has a wonderful come hither vibe, promising a “lush adult environment catering to the sensual and artistic side of your second life.” To say I found it alluring and intriguing is wildly understated!

Friends and loved ones from my First Life know me fondly as one with a fascination with the sensual and evocative, the artistic and the epicurean. But this facet isn’t something I’ve yet delved and dwelled within on the grid, as my naturally shy and quiet nature often turns me away from curiosity and toward the safe, the familiar. But I feel a keen desire to expand my horizons this time around, so with a tiny flutter in my belly, I landed at Elysion, paid the group enrollment fee for sim access (L$650 at the time of this writing), and slowly began to explore.

I’m delighted to say that the people I’ve had the pleasure of meeting at Elysion (as well as at at Blithe, a kindred sim that also requires group membership), have been wonderfully interesting and thoughtful encounters. And it makes for a very welcome reminder for me: always keep an open mind and heart. You’ll never stop being fascinated and amazed at what flows in. ♡

Black Cherry

Look

Body // Lara Mesh Body v3.5 by Maitreya
Head & Skin // Melissa by Genesis Lab
Ears // Steking Ears Season 5 by Mandala
Hair // Vega (Essential HUD) by Bold & Beauty
* Eyes // Ardent Eyes (Citrus v1) by Avi-Glam for Cosmopolitan, through May 21st
Nails // Jewels Gold (Maitreya, Slink, Eve, Omega Appliers) by alaskametro<3
Tattoo (Torso) // Flowers (Maitreya, Slink, TMP, Omega Appliers) by Aurica Store
* Tattoo (Leg) // Rose 2 Common (Maitreya, Slink, TMP, Omega Appliers) by Aurica Store for Fantasy Gacha Carnival, through June 7th

Piercing // Gold Teardrop Septum (White) by Yummy for Collabor88, through June 6th
Necklace // Chevron Necklace (Gold) by Paper Arrow
Lingerie // Spring Bra & Panties (Black) by TETRA for Uber, through May 22nd
Shoes // Cecile Heels (Maitreya High) by Ricielli for The Dressing Room, through May 14

Pose & Destination

Pose // Stand 460 by !Bang Poses
Location // Elysion

9 thoughts on “Black Cherry

Black Cherry - Second Life Bloggers said:
    May 13, 2016 at 2:44 pm

[…] Black Cherry […]

samanthaeyre said:
    May 13, 2016 at 3:12 pm

Love all your pics!! Looking gorgeous again :))

May 13, 2016 at 4:34 pm

You’re so lovely and kind, Samantha! Thank you so much, you truly made my day! ♥

Miya said:
    May 13, 2016 at 10:27 pm

No need to be shy going to Elysion or Blithe, its fun to dance, listen to great music and chat (having a paid membership is a good way to keep out the trolls and hacks). When I want to hang with my SL family and listen to some great DJs, we often meet up at Elysion. As a photographer, both sims offer a great ambience and backdrop to take pictures in.

May 14, 2016 at 8:10 pm

I’m so happy to hear your thoughts, Miya! I’ve only had a bit of time thus far to explore these sims, but I find them both to be full of interesting niches and spots for photography, as well as some really fascinating people. I look forward to going to the events at Elysion and Blithe for sure! ♥

aloriana said:
    May 14, 2016 at 3:25 am

Looking absolutely gorgeous, and I wholeheartedly agree. both Elysion as well as Blithe are amazing sims to wander around, to explore and hang out. And not unimportant…..amazing places to make pictures.

May 14, 2016 at 3:58 am

You couldn’t be more right, Aloriana! I look forward to so much more exploring, and they both have so many wonderful events and shindigs to enjoy. I’m so happy I joined their groups! ♥

Astrid de Manyet said:
    May 14, 2016 at 5:47 am

It’s an amazing Sim. I’ve long been a member. I wish I had more time to spend there.

May 14, 2016 at 8:12 pm

Elysion is so lovely! I really enjoyed camming around and peeking at all the nestled spots and interesting structures to explore. I even somehow managed to find myself way, way up in the sky in a bathhouse of sorts? :) A wonderful adventure to be sure! ♥