A New Dawn, A New Day

Well hello again, you! ♡

In a wonderful twist of happenstance, it’s been almost exactly one year since I began my Happily Ever Afterr blog, and after an unexpected (but much-needed) hiatus, I’m overjoyed to be writing about the virtual world again. Did you miss me, SL? I certainly missed you!

The other day, I was listening to the song “Feeling Good” by the luminous Nina Simone, and it was so apt for how I was feeling in that moment in time: happy and serene, full of appreciation, and in essence, genuinely “feeling good”. That song, and my invigorated spirit, was just the spark I needed to feel compelled to rediscover my Second Life once more.

A New Dawn, A New Day

Look

Body // Lara Mesh Body v3.5 by Maitreya
Head & Skin // Melissa by Genesis Lab
Hair // Karee (Essentials HUD) by Elikatira
Eyes // Premium Eyes (Tropical v2) by Avi-Glam

Jewelry // Heart Necklace (Gold) by Paper Arrow
Swimsuit // Peach Bikini (White) by Blueberry for Uber, through May 22nd

Pose & Destination

Pose // Mery 2 by Label Motion
Location // Baja Bay

As you may notice, along with my uplifted effervescence, my look has also been updated! I had resisted mesh heads last year, fearing that they may somewhat hinder the wearer’s unique spirit and style, but it’s amazing how much changes in 7 months’ time. There are so many varieties and options for mesh heads, that I was dazzled for choice and had great fun trying on many demos and styles. In the end, it was Melissa by Genesis Lab that stole my heart, and felt wholly – and uniquely – like “me”.

In other news, I’ve been joyfully indulging in my wanderlust, traversing the grid on a quest for picturesque sights and hidden gems. With Project Sansar aiming to launch later this year, I had the lovely idea to create a bit of a Second Life time capsule via photography, sharing the destinations on Flickr for other avid virtual world wanderers to explore. It’s been a tremendously enjoyable journey thus far, and I hope you’ll join me on “Ever’s Quest” over on Flickr to see which destinations, both well-loved and lesser-known, are yours for the exploring!

It’s my hope that I’ll be able to post here on my blog at least twice a week, when time graciously allows. So until next time, dear reader: thank you so much for continuing to peek at my blog; it means the world to me that you care. Lots of love to you! ♡

11 thoughts on “A New Dawn, A New Day

A New Dawn, A New Day - Second Life Bloggers said:
    April 29, 2016 at 5:56 am

[…] A New Dawn, A New Day […]

colleen Criss said:
    April 29, 2016 at 5:59 am

Welcome back !

LADYBLANCE said:
    April 29, 2016 at 12:16 pm

April 29, 2016 at 3:40 pm

Enjoy your wanderings!! I will see them too on Flickr!

Wendz Tempest said:
    April 29, 2016 at 4:50 pm

Good to see you back Ever!!

carolineapollo said:
    April 29, 2016 at 8:05 pm

Welcome Back!! Definitely missed your positive attitude around here :)

Cougar Sangria said:
    April 29, 2016 at 11:15 pm

Welcome back! ♥

April 30, 2016 at 1:54 pm

You’re all so warm, thoughtful, and kind-hearted! I’m blessed to know you all; thank you SO much for your welcome backs! ♡♡

Magick Thoughts by AmandaMagick (photographer, artist, blogger, PMC team) said:
    May 1, 2016 at 9:08 am

Reblogged this on Magick Thoughts of Second Life and commented:
    I have been looking at mesh heads and noticing what I like. My classic body head shape is the old retired Belleza Melissa. I love it and don’t want to stray off too much from it. So I notice mesh heads that may be a little bit like it are not really out there. But this one….. its name is Melissa and its by Genesis Lab which I have never heard of. I like it. My search continues but if anyone has any more info on this designer and this head and/or any info on a head that is bit like the old Belleza Melissa… PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!

Magick Thoughts by AmandaMagick (photographer, artist, blogger, PMC team) said:
    May 1, 2016 at 9:24 am

I love this mesh head. I have reblogged this. <3

landacrystal said:
    May 3, 2016 at 11:13 am

Welcome back my friend! so good to have you back! xox