Although there are still more than six weeks of summertime left, and the place I call home in First Life will be experiencing summer-like temperatures through October and beyond, I simply cannot resist a beautiful, autumnal apple orchard. It immediately brings back memories of my New York childhood, growing up in the land of the cidery, where sun-warmed apples could be eaten straight off the tree, and the smell of freshly-baked cinnamon donuts perfumed the air with their intoxicating delights.
Body / Maitreya | Mesh Body – Lara v3.4
* Skin / Lumae | Fae 3 – Rosy Bare (Freck/GingBrow) | Mesh Body Addicts Fair, through August 21st
Hair / Moon | Common Burn – Variety HUD
Eyes / Inkheart | Emotional Eyes – Hope (S)
Lashes / Mon Cheri | Falsies Mesh Eyelashes – Upper
* Eyeliner / Nova Bodyshop | Becca Eyeliner – 002
Lips / Eyelure | Kiss Me – Peach
* Headpiece / ERSCH | Flower Field Hair Accessory – Red
* Jewelry / ForeverFamous | Crystal Necklace (Lotus) – Gold | Mesh Body Addicts Fair, through August 21st
* Dress / Salt & Pepper | Lilian Dress & Bracelet | Shiny Shabby Event, through August 15th
* Shoes / Infliction | Affair Wedge (for Maitreya, Belleza & Slink High) – Faun | Mesh Body Addicts Fair, through August 21st
Poses & Destination
I spied this gorgeous little apple tree patch while I was visiting the Nouveaux sim, and couldn’t resist using it as the setting for my picture today. I really adore when shopping-centric sim designers go the extra mile and beautifully landscape and decorate their sim; it truly adds something special to the experience!
I’m wearing the wonderfully feminine Lilian Dress and Bracelet Set by Salt & Pepper, which comes in 6 unique color/pattern pairings and may be found at Shiny Shabby through August 15th. And I’m continuing to be dazzled by the items on offer at the Mesh Body Addicts Fair, which includes my freckled-to-perfection Fae skin by Lumae, the delicate Crystal Lotus Necklace by ForeverFamous, and the fabulous Affair Wedges by Infliction, which come in 10 colors for Maitreya, Belleza and Slink High feet.
I’m having a lovely August so far; I hope you are as well! I’m continuing to add events to my Second Life Fashion Events Calendar, and as always if there’s an event you’d like to see added, please leave a comment on that page or drop a notecard on me in-world with all the details. And be sure to visit the new round of Colabor88 (if you can manage to get in!) as I’ve seen some of the previews and this 4th anniversary spectacular round is looking to be absolutely legendary. Enjoy! ♥