Bewitched

Do you remember the iconic scene from The Wizard of Oz, when the Wicked Witch of the West gets doused with water and begins melting? Well darlins, I’d risk some serious meltage right about now, because every bit of my being feels like it’s on fire! And not in the rad way, like I just beat the last boss in a video game with my skill and prowess, and “I’M ON FIYAH!” Alas, I mean it (almost) literally: my air conditioning has died and I’m sweating and sweltering something fierce in the high desert heat. As Ms. West might say: “What a world, what a world!”

Speaking of all things witchy and wizardy, this (Not-So) Wicked Witch of the (South)West is still delighting in the wonderful world of Harry Potter with fabulous finds from the Wizarding Faire, which makes its final bow on July 25th. I was enamored to see how beautiful and delicate some of the Faire-exclusive offerings are, which means that even casual HP fans or those who wish to display their fandom with more subtle effect have plenty of options to choose from. As the RL me is happily typing up this post bare as the day I was born, I thought it a perfect opportunity to do some close-up portraits without a stitch of clothing on. I hope you enjoy, and be sure to visit the Wizarding Faire before it closes for the year! And if you’re interested in Hogwarts-themed roleplay in Second Life, be sure to visit the Mischief Managed website! ♥

Bewitched

Look
Body / Maitreya | Mesh Body – Lara v3.4
* Skin / DS’ELLES | Sia – Latte (with optional freckles)
* Hair / Blues | Hermione (without wand) | Wizarding Faire
* Eyes / DS’ELLES | Prunelle – Vert
Lashes / Mon Cheri | Falsies Mesh Eylashes – Upper
* Eyeliner / Nova Bodyshop | Becca Eyeliner – 015 (LeLutka applier & tattoo layers) | FashionTropic, through July 30th
* Tattoo / White Widow | Insidious Tattoo | Wizarding Faire
* Nails / The Wicked Peach | Grimoire Nails (Maitreya, Belleza & Slink appliers) | Wizarding Faire

* Left / Random Matter | Percival Necklace – Black | Wizarding Faire
* Right / NeverWish | Raven Crown | Wizarding Faire
* Right / Larkham & Co | Tautoculars – Silver | Wizarding Faire

Poses
* Left / Zomy Poses | Portrait Posepack – Portrait #2

Wizarding Faire - Ever Afterr

Look
Body / Maitreya | Mesh Body – Lara v3.4
* Skin / DS’ELLES | Sia – Latte (with optional freckles)
* Hair / MaiOwn | Oblivious (S) | Wizarding Faire
* Eyes / DS’ELLES | Prunelle – Vert
Lashes / Mon Cheri | Falsies Mesh Eylashes – Upper
Eyeshadow / alaskametro<3 | Cleo Eyeshadow (Slink, TMP, Omega appliers & tattoo layers) | SL Marketplace
* Tattoo / White Widow | Insidious Tattoo | Wizarding Faire

* Left / Cae | Always Necklace – Silver (3 metal colors in HUD) | Wizarding Faire
* Right / PURR | Deathly Set (Earrings & Ring) – Silver | Wizarding Faire
* Right / ForeverFamous | Elder Necklace – Ravenclaw | Wizarding Faire

Poses
* Left / Zomy Poses | Portrait Posepack – Portrait #2 Mirrored
* Right / Zomy Poses | Model Posepack – Model #6 Mirrored

6 thoughts on “Bewitched

readmeri said:
    July 21, 2015 at 10:22 am

How could I possibly have forgotten to go to the Wizarding Faire when I am the nerdiest Harry Potter fan ever, in the whole world. Probably. Thank you Ever <3

July 21, 2015 at 1:50 pm

Probably just slipped your mind because the sheer avalanche of other concurrent events has nearly buried us alive! I was wondering if maybe the event schedule eases up considerably when August/September comes around and kids are back in school. I must admit, my fingers are crossed! :D ♥

July 21, 2015 at 6:31 pm

oh you poor thing!! lots of cool showers!!

July 21, 2015 at 6:53 pm

Yes indeedy! Gosh, I wish I had been born with a mind for problem-solving and repair. You might not work much for half of the year, but being an AC repair specialist in the desert has to be brilliant during the summertime!

And always gotta look on the bright side: turning my home into a virtual nudist resort this week will mean less laundry on the weekend. Win-win! :D ♥

PrettyFlower said:
    July 22, 2015 at 12:22 pm

Aaaaah I feel your (burning) pain! I too live in a southwest desert, and have suffered theough that tragic event all desert dwellers dread, the a/c outage in summertime. Thanks for the HP alert! must …find…time…to gobefore it’s over! I will admit that I have been to RL HP events bedecked in custom made hooded cloak and home made creosote wand with roadrunner tail feather (ok not really on the feather part but that’s what I told folks was at the core, lol). Thanks for the HP heads up and may your ac guy be speedy!

July 22, 2015 at 12:47 pm

Yay, another desert dweller! ♥ Whilst the 300+ days of sunshine every year are a blessing (although as one who absolutely adores a good rainstorm, I could give up a few dozen easily), the heat really is an absolute bear. Beats living in the cold though!

A RL Harry Potter event sounds amazing! I never even thought about those being a reality, but the fandom is so strong I can imagine that they must be fabulous events. Kinda like a Renaissance Faire filled with Hogwarts-themed delights? Oh and that reminds me, we now have the Harry Potter themed lands at Universal Studios to enjoy. I can’t wait to go sometime!

I hope you’re able to get to the Wizarding Faire! Have a wonderful time! ♥