Gold in the Air of Summer

I read a passage once by an author who said that following a particularly stressful time in her life, she painted the colors of her home in the warmest, cheeriest colors she could find. In that way, it was like being surrounded by happiness and love. Although I’m woefully inept at Second Life decorating, I believe that fashion can be just as uplifting. So after an exhaustively busy week, I sought two things: the serenity of ocean waves, and the warm hug of vibrant, summery colors. And because the virtual world is made of magic, in just a few clicks I’d found both!

Gold in the Air of Summer
Baja Cove

Look
Body / Maitreya | Mesh Body – Lara v3.4
* Skin / DS’ELLES | Yony Skin – Neva (Blond) | The Black Dot Project, through August 4th
* Hair / Besom | Hair Fair Style 005 – Blondes HUD | Hair Fair 2015, through July 26th
Eyes / Inkheart | Emotional Eyes – Hope
Lashes / Mon Cheri | Falsies Mesh Eylashes – Upper
Eyeliner / Glam Affair | Couture Eyeliner No. 02
Lips / Pink Fuel | Shine Lipstick – Pink Light (Teeth) | Group Gift
Nails / alaskametro<3 | Metallic Pack – Tropics Gold (Maitreya, Slink, Eve & Omega Appliers) | SL Marketplace
Tattoo / Infected | Dragon Tattoo (Maitreya, Slink, TMP & Omega Appliers)

* Piercing / Secret Love | Septum Ring (HUD with 4 metals & 10 gem colors)
* Necklace / Secret Love | Summer Zest Necklace | Olala Fashion Event, through July 20th
* Dress / db Dollz | Mandala Dress – Color 2 | SL Vogue, through August 4th

Poses & Destination
* Pic 1 / Signature Pose | Shawna Pack – Pose 004
* Pic 2 / Kirin | Fun at the Beach – Beach Ball & Pose 1 | The Seasons Story, through July 30th
Location / Baja Cove

I’m flirting with a different set-up for my posts, putting the style details immediately beneath the pictures so those who just want a quick reference for what I’m wearing can find the information easily. And for those kind souls who graciously read my stories and rambles, you’ll just have to do a wee bit of scrolling to get to them. Let me know what you think! I’m always open to ideas for how to improve my blog to both benefit the designers I’m showcasing, as well as to appeal to visitors. Comments are warmly welcomed!

My dress is by db Dollz and is available in five vibrant, colorful flavors at the SL Vogue event. My other wonderful event-exclusives include DS’ELLES gorgeous Yony skin at The Black Dot Project, and the positively juicy and perfectly-named Summer Zest Necklace by Secret Love at the Olala Fashion Event, which ends on Monday. I’m also wearing my favorite Besom hairstyle from this year’s Hair Fair, which is still going in full swing and still very, very packed full of shoppers! I think I’m finally going to make a go of it this weekend and try to get in; wish me luck! And if you’re there as well, don’t be surprised if I’m invisible save my nametag, as I’ll probably be using the full-body alpha trick I mentioned in my previous Hair Fair post. Gotta minimize that lag!

I also want to mention my delightfully summery, event-exclusive pose pack by Kirin, which comes with 14 beach balls (7 each in multi-color and pink varieties), and 7 unique holding poses. The set can be found at The Seasons Story, which has a gorgeous underwater build that must be seen to be believed! Much love to the wonderful Alaska Metro, who recently updated all of her nail packs to support Maitreya nails (/me jumps for joy) while still pricing them at the amazingly low L$25 apiece on the SL Marketplace. And I can’t get enough of the beautifully colorful Dragon Tattoo by Infected. It’s sometimes tricky to find tattoos that are truly sleeves-only without designs that envelope the torso or chest as well, and these are just perfect in my eyes!

Finally, the pose in my top-most pic is by Signature Pose and it’s part of the Shawna pack that features 5 poses specifically designed for kneeling glamorously in the ocean waves. My goodness, do I adore summertime in Second Life! I hope you all have a wonderful, restful, relaxing weekend. See you again very soon! ♥

15 thoughts on “Gold in the Air of Summer

July 17, 2015 at 12:09 pm

love tie dye!

July 18, 2015 at 5:42 pm

Likewise! It reminds me of when it had a resurgence in the ’90s and dominated my middle school wardrobe. I expect it will be all the rage again any day now! :D ♥

leesee79 said:
    July 17, 2015 at 12:14 pm

Let me know how that change goes with your credits! I’m interested to see if it results in more clicks :D interesting idea I hadn’t thought of that one myself! Awesome post as always ♡

July 18, 2015 at 5:44 pm

Awww, thank you so much Leesee! I will indeed do; I’ve noticed that “maps.secondlife.com” is by far the largest outbound-clicks source in my stats, so that’s really encouraging to see. I hope you’re having a wonderful weekend! ♥

leesee79 said:
        July 18, 2015 at 7:33 pm

That’s awesome maps is the one you want to see more than anything else it means people are going to the stores and you’re doing your job well! Has the maps clicks gone up since you’ve put the links at the start of your post?
        My weekend is going great so far! I’m going to go down to the river today to see if I can see the whale that decided to swim down stream from the sea. Such a rare thing to happen and makes me feel like I’m living in a very special place for something like that to happen!

July 19, 2015 at 3:58 pm

We’ll have to wait and see! :) Only made the change with this post, but I’m hoping it gets to to the heart of what many people browse SL blogs for – the fashion and style inspiration – while still appealing to those who may be interested in reading longer texts. I’m fascinated with your testing and tweaking as well. Will look forward to any follow-up posts you may have in the pipeline for us! :D

leesee79 said:
            July 19, 2015 at 4:21 pm

The results for the first part of the Flickr post will be coming in a few days I’m giving the groups a week to see how they do for clicks and gathering tay’s blog stats to see how views go in terms of visits to her blog from Flickr and if they go up. I’ve got another post in draft on sponsors and meaning of the word on marketing and if the term is actually correct in terms of blogging for sl stores. I start study in two days though so I’m hoping I’ll still have time to do everything!

caoimhelionheart said:
    July 17, 2015 at 12:40 pm

How cute! <3

HOPE Leissa said:
    July 17, 2015 at 12:47 pm

Beauty and uplifting use of colors indeed. Thanks for sharing.

July 18, 2015 at 5:45 pm

What a lovely compliment, thank you so much, Hope! You’re wonderful! ♥

HOPE Leissa said:
    July 18, 2015 at 7:32 pm

You’re always welcome, please continue to share your vibrancy with us. :-)

Khitt said:
    July 20, 2015 at 6:09 pm

You look so lovely and pretty in this post. Wonderful job!