Hair Fair 2015: Directory, SLURLs, and a Preview (Oh My!)

Welcome to the weekend, lovelies! If you’re anything like me, you may have stayed up all night opening Hair Fair 2015 demo boxes, and making notes of the styles that you’re interested in purchasing. You may have also been sneaking peeks on Flickr at previews from your favorite designers, or stalking blogger and photographer submissions to the official Hair Fair Photo Pool. The buzz is infectious! And I’m excited to bring you another sneak peek from YUKO Hair, who offers three fabulous styles and a completely free special color HUD for your hair wearin’ pleasure!

Yuko Hair

YUKO is a new-to-me brand that I’m delighted to have discovered, as Raine Juneberry’s mini collection mixes vintage-inspired styles with edgy cuts for a true range of possibilities. The high, blunt-cut bangs on the Yelyah style call to mind what a cool, fashion-forward fashionista might wear, while Kandy comes with two bangs options: blunt and delightfully pointed, which gives the hair an extra vixen-vibe. My favorite is Wavy, which is a perfectly draped siren style that reminds me of my RL hair, but kicked up an extra notch into glam territory. There are 7 unique color HUDs (with and without roots options) to choose from, and as a free gift YUKO offers Kandy with a special hair flower and the Rainbow I HUD, which includes this fabulous teal shade that I just adore.

Details
Body / Maitreya | Mesh Body – Lara v3.4
* Skin / DS’ELLES | Paloma – Neva
* Hair / YUKO Hair | Yelyah, Kandy, Wavy, Kandy HF2105 Gift | Hair Fair 2015, through July 26th
Eyes / Inkheart | Emotional Eyes – Possessive (S)
Lips / Pautina | Lipstick #03 | L$1 on SL Marketplace

The Hair Fair 2015 guide and directory is provided below, and the event coordinators have recommended that visitors follow the path, keeping the stores on your left side, to ensure that you visit every designer’s booth without missing any. They have also graciously opened two additional sims for the first few days, which people can teleport to and use as a gateway into the Hair Fair sims, or simply “camera shop” if the sims are too full. These gateway points are:

Streaks AStreaks BStreaks CFoils AFoils BFoils C

Hair Fair 2015

Also, don’t forget that everyone has the opportunity to join the Hair Fair Demo Group, which will allow you to try out a majority of the event-exclusive hairstyles in advance! Demos that have been previously sent out may be found in the Notices tab of the group panel. To join, copy the following line and paste it into the Local Chat box of your viewer, then press Enter:

secondlife:///app/group/2e30d166-f3e5-e2de-ff72-b3da2d06ded2/about

A full list of brands appearing at the Hair Fair 2015 is as follows; however please note that the sims have landing points, so these SLURLs will get you within range of the store and provide a beacon to the exact location, rather than teleporting you directly to the booth.

Blonde Sim:

Oleander
sYs Designs
The Stringer Mausoleum
Unorthodox
Vive Nine Fiore
Zalea

I hope everyone has a wonderful time visiting the fair! For more tips and advice on having an enjoyable, low lag experience, be sure to check out yesterday’s post. And if hair isn’t your thing, there are genuinely dozens of other events that are ongoing and upcoming this weekend, including Indie Teepee, Oh My Gacha, MadPea’s Collector Market, the Wizarding Faire, and more! Please visit the SL Fashion & Shopping Events Calendar for dates and SLURLs, and have a wonderful weekend! ♥

12 thoughts on “Hair Fair 2015: Directory, SLURLs, and a Preview (Oh My!)

leesee79 said:
    July 11, 2015 at 9:31 am

Thanks for this post! Those links are going to come in handy when I brave the hair fair!!!

July 11, 2015 at 9:54 am

So very welcome, Leesee! I’ve yet to brave it myself; *finally* finished opening up all those amazing demos, and now to plan my shopping attack. Hair Fair shopping is serious business! :D Have a wonderful time! ♥

leesee79 said:
        July 11, 2015 at 11:11 am

Haha I don’t have any demo’s yet >.< my poor Aussie internet wouldn't be able to handle going and getting them when it's busy either lol I look forward to reading more posts on hair fair so I can make my shopping experience as pain free as possible! ♥

July 11, 2015 at 11:46 am

I keep hearing about how terrible Aussie Internet is; that makes my heart ache for my down under friends, because you already have the trouble of being sooooooo far ahead of SLT (18 hours, I think?) and being so far away from SL’s servers. You should have blazing speeds just to make up for those travesties!

On a completely off-topic note, every time I meet someone from Australia, I start gushing about how much I love MasterChef Australia, so be forewarned! And if you watch it too, no spoilers please – I’m at least a week or two behind! ^_^ ♥

leesee79 said:
            July 11, 2015 at 12:04 pm

Hahaha I don’t watch masterchef so you’ll get no spoilers from me! My internet is beyond dismal, sometimes I get below 1mbps. I laugh when people say that they have slow speeds anywhere else lol

July 12, 2015 at 8:19 am

Below 1mbsp?! That’s like Internet Stone Age speeds! You and your fellow patient Australians deserve all of the cookies AND high-speed wi-fi! ♥

leesee79 said:
                July 12, 2015 at 8:37 am

hahaha most other Aussies have 10mbps or more, my isp just sucks!

readmeri said:
    July 11, 2015 at 10:09 am

I’m ashamed to admit that I was lazy (in terms of The Hair Fair this year) and decided to let everybody else try on demos so I could leap in and buy the nicest ones, thanks Ever for contributing to that goal xx

July 11, 2015 at 10:21 am

Hahaha, Meri! I’m not sure if you’re a cheeky thing or you’re absolutely brilliant, because OH MY STARS did that marathon take forever to complete. So many demos!!

That said, I’m sure there are some brands who didn’t get around to sending them out to the group, so I’ll still be wandering around at the fair in a stupefied daze. (Probably why it would be smart to use the full body alpha trick, because I’m so tired and demo’ed out that I’ll literally be bumping into walls and accidentally groping people’s mesh body parts at this point.) Can’t wait to see which ones you end up with! ♥

Babby Zeid said:
    July 12, 2015 at 3:24 am

Thank you for this post Ever!

July 12, 2015 at 8:18 am

You’re so welcome, Babby! Hope you’re having a wonderful, shopping-filled weekend! ♥

Lara Littlefield said:
    July 13, 2015 at 8:21 pm

Reblogged this on Second Lara.