Hair, There, and Everywhere!

My friends, I sense a disturbance in the force. The “force” being our virtual budgets, that is, and the “disturbance” being a clear conspiracy by several of the grid’s most beloved brands to divest us of all of our monies. Designers and creators, I’m totally onto you! ♥

But first, a personal reflection. My mom and I are a lot alike: tall and sassy dames with bawdy senses of humor; quick to laugh and with a great affection for making people smile. But there’s a place where our paths diverge sharply, one which has caused people to joke that despite our physical and personality similarities, we can’t possibly be related. Because you see, my mom adores accessories. Shoes, handbags, necklaces, rings, really all manner of shiny things! Jewelry is her absolute favorite; she buys it, she makes it, she even sells some on the side. But me? I have like 7 pairs of shoes and one purse to my name. And – much to my amusement and delight – it confounds and frustrates the family’s matriarch to no end.

Mom would be pleased to know that my virtual world counterpart is much more accessorized than the RL me – and happily so! But as much as pixel jewels and footwear are a pleasure, my true weakness in Second Life are hairstyles. I believe the first real virtual dollars I spent a few weeks ago were on joining the VIP groups for Little Bones and Moon, and I’ve been delightedly collecting group gifts from many brands and lusting over the new hair releases I keep spying on Flickr.

Casual Friday
See, Mom? Totes accessorized! (Please click for full size.)

Here’s where the conspiracy theory kicks in: no less than three beloved hair designers are simultaneously having massive summer sales right now! Shine on me, Lottery Gods: I know I never remember to buy a ticket, but I could really use a cashalicious windfall! :D

❖ 50% off all hairstyles at Magika through June 30th
❖ 50% off storewide at Ploom through July 1st
❖ L$50 sale at Truth in the back room (end date unknown)

And if that wasn’t wonderful enough, we have the amazing Hair Fair 2015 to look forward to, kicking off on July 11th. So much excitement! And in case you haven’t heard, there are two wonderful ways that you can contribute to this event before opening day:

❖ The Hair Fair Photo Contest invites participants to take pictures of themselves wearing a favorite hairstyle from one of the looooong list of prize sponsors, and then share it in the official Photo Contest group on Flickr. You can submit up to five photos (all must be new), and the prizes on offer are spectacular. Don’t miss out!

❖ And for those wonderful creators amongst us, a complimentary Bandana Day Kit is provided by Sasy Scarborough and Whimsy Winx, allowing residents to create and sell customized bandanas on the final day of the Hair Fair in order to benefit Wigs for Kids. It’s a wonderful sentiment and gesture, and a lovely way to show your creativity. Please click here for all the details!

Body
Body / Maitreya | Mesh Body – Lara v3.4
* Skin / DS’ELLES | Julie Skin – Neva | The Black Dot Project Event, through July 4th
Hair / Little Bones | Feline – Hot Mess HUD | Group Gift
* Eyes / DS’ELLES | Prunelle Eyes – Vert Clair
Lashes 1 / ACD | Eye Lashes 2 | SL Marketplace
Lashes 2 / Ri | Lashes 04 | SL Marketplace
Lips / Fudge | Raspberry Icecream Lip Smudge | Free on SL Marketplace

Piercing / Diamante | Gluttony Facial Piercing | Midnight Mania Board
* Necklace / Secret Love | Skull Long Necklace | Kowai Kawaii Event, through July 13th
* Bag / MMC | Candy Bag – N’1 | Gacha Item
Dress / BLOKC | Oversized T Shirt Dress – Pink Floral | Free in-world or $L1 on SL Marketplace
Shoes / KC Couture | Brazilia Heels for Maitreya | SL Marketplace or in-world

Poses
Label Motion / Shiny Shabby Gift – Pose 1 & 4 / L$1 at Shiny Shabby Event, through July 15th

Location
Shiny Shabby

13 thoughts on “Hair, There, and Everywhere!

Slfashiondoll said:
    June 26, 2015 at 1:53 pm

Precious as always!!!! ♥.♥

June 26, 2015 at 1:56 pm

You are so lovely and thoughtful, Carolina! Thank you so much! ♥.♥

Slfashiondoll said:
        June 26, 2015 at 2:00 pm

Awww your welcome Ever ♥ Hugs and good vibes ☺

winniefredresident1 said:
    June 26, 2015 at 3:21 pm

Hair is my absolute downfall Ever, I love it more than shoes. Given a chance, I change my hair every time I log in and sometimes a couple of times a day. When Truth put out their sale room announcement, RL me almost had an actual conniption….not sure what one is…but I’m pretty sure it’s what my operator had! Now that I have new groups available, I am on a quest to find exactly which stores I haven’t been able to get gifts from due to my dance committments..can’t rez if you aren’t in the group..or operate the curtain! Now it’s an even split between texture stores and my favorite clothing/hair/shoe stores!

June 26, 2015 at 4:19 pm

Yay! We are totally in hair-mony! <3

I'm thrilled with the group gifts at Little Bones and Moon, and the Besom and LeLutka groups have generous gifts with free group joins and the older gifts are kept out for new members to pick up. (Love that brands have started doing that – so generous!) Let's see … No.Match is another great new-to-me brand with a low fee, around L$50 I think. Goodness, I'm trying to think of more but my mind is going blank! Probably full of the "gimme, gimme, gimme" sounds of me trying desperately not to buy every hairstyle in sight at Magika, Ploom and Truth this weekend! :D

TinLiz said:
    June 27, 2015 at 3:44 am

You look mah-velous! :)

readmeri said:
    June 27, 2015 at 4:54 am

I too am tall, sassy and bawdy humoured – and skint. Sending you kisses!

June 27, 2015 at 12:58 pm

I had to look up “skint”, Meri (love learning new British slang!) and you can totally put me on the skint train too. I once sang on a street corner in Dublin for pub money; can we do the same thing in SL and get people to contribute to our fashion fund? ;) <3

June 30, 2015 at 9:04 am

I love your titles of posts !!

[…] Hair, There, and Everywhere! […]