In a World of Pure Imeshination …

Happy almost weekend, my loves! It’s been a whirlwind of a week, made all the more exciting for me because I took the plunge and bought the Maitreya Lara mesh body. Happiness, you are made of lush limbs and rounded curves! Not having to try and smooth out the odd planes and angles of the system avatar body in photographs is wonderful. Now I can spend the extra time playing with Windlights instead. The virtual world can be so vibrant and beautiful!

Another Girl's Paradise

I demoed the Lara body for a day or so, and I had contemplated giving the Slink body a try as well, but the hands and feet are sold separately so it would have been a considerably more costly investment (although the sheer amount of shoes available for Slink feet is seriously impressive!)

The roster of designers who work with the Maitreya body isn’t quite so expansive yet, but it will likely grow as time goes on and updates are released. In the meantime, the wonderful Raznay published her Epic List of designers who offer Maitreya-compatible clothing, footwear, and more. If you have suggestions to add, please fill out the form on that page so we can keep the list growing!

Just Another Tequila Sunrise

I went with a super low-cost look that shows a lot of luscious skin, and I can’t wait to find some affordable applier bikinis for my summertime beachy adventures. The exceptionally beautiful Just Another Tequila Sunrise region is my backdrop today, and has so many beautiful vistas to photograph and explore! Definitely planning to visit again soon and write a proper destination post. So many wonders of the virtual world, so little time. And there’s a more pressing matter: I have only one pair of Maitreya-compatible shoes to my name, and that will never do!

Finally, a shout-out to Infected for the gorgeous Dragon Tattoo sleeves I snagged at their in-world store. I’m absolutely in love with the colors! It seems like colorful applier tattoos are far more rare than their monotone varieties, but I’m hopeful that there will be some excellent treasures to be found in the upcoming Body Art Hunt, which launches on July 1st. Looking forward to it!

Body
Mesh Body / Maitreya | Lara v3.4
Skin / Style by Kira | Ella Skin – 01D | Past Event Sale
Hair / Entwined | Ivy – Fatpack HUD | Group Gift
Freckles / Shock | Tintable Freckles | Group Gift
Lips / Ricielli | Lipsticks 11 – 07
Tattoo (Sleeves) / Infected | Dragon Tattoo | SL Marketplace
Tattoo (Belly) / TAOX | Belly Orchids | Free on SL Marketplace

Top / Lowkey | Shawty Knotted Shirt – White | L$1 on SL Marketplace
Shorts / Prism | Dusty Jean Shorts | Group Gift
Shoes / Fri. | Veronica Platforms – Cherry | Past Event Gift
Sunglasses / Cotton Candy Monster | Sunglasses – Black | Midnight Mania Board
Piercing / Besom | New Age Septum Ring – Gold | Group Gift
Necklace / Lassitude & Ennui | Signature Necklace – Black/Gold | Free at Shop Free*Style
Bracelet / Pure Poison | Danielle Cuff – Gold | Group Gift
Anklets / Cazimi | Rikah Anklet – Gold | L$1 on SL Marketplace

Pose
SKBIO / Sang 4 / Past Event Gift

Location
Just Another Tequila Sunrise

11 thoughts on “In a World of Pure Imeshination …

cherribanks said:
    June 19, 2015 at 12:56 pm

Ever, the Omega appliers work with the Maitreya body. Love ‘N Lust has the 99L Maitreya-Omega relay that opens so many more clothing choices for you!!! I love my Lara!!! ENJOY!!!

June 19, 2015 at 1:09 pm

Awesome!! Thank you Cherri; trying to figure out the applier thing has been the biggest challenge so far, so I appreciate any and all tips. You’re the best! <3

cherribanks said:
    June 19, 2015 at 1:51 pm

If you need anything, please IM me inworld, and I would be glad to help. I have a few full perm freebies that you might want to have for your Lara.

June 19, 2015 at 3:15 pm

Awww, you’re so thoughtful and lovely, Cherri! Truly generous and kind of you, thank you so much! <3

Shazneyvalentine Resident said:
    June 20, 2015 at 3:02 pm

Lovely atmosphere!

ℳøηї said:
    June 21, 2015 at 10:49 am

I have the Lara body as well, and I still use my Slink hands and feet. It just seems like a good combination for me. I LOVE how vibrant your photos are…so colorful and pretty ^^

June 21, 2015 at 10:52 am

Thank you so much, Moni! You’ve made my day with your kind words! <3

caoimhelionheart said:
    June 25, 2015 at 9:58 am

Moni answered what I was going to write, I wear Lara all the time, and so agree with you on the perfection for pictures. I wear the SLink foots and hands all the time tho I’ve found shoos to be very compatible with the Maitreya hands and feet too. As for the clothes alphas you can pick up the developer HUD for free instore and create any alpha you need to work with the outfit you have on. :D

June 25, 2015 at 10:18 am

Oooh, I had no idea about the developer HUD, Cao! I think I snagged it when I bought Lara because it was sitting there and was free (all about dem freebies!) but I wasn’t sure what it was for so I kinda shoved it in a folder with my backup copy. Thank you for letting me know, you’re the best! <3