Give Me One Accessoreason

Nay, I say: give me FIFTY!

Ever’s Age: 19 days
L$ Balance: L$615

After unpacking my way through all the fantastic freebie finds from the other day, I noticed that I was experiencing a lack of accessories to go with my clothing cache. Then I realized that I hadn’t completely finished my group gift scouting at this month’s round of We Love Roleplay, so off I went to explore!

Like Chapter Four and FaMESHed, We Love Roleplay also celebrates its anniversary this month, and the gracious participating designers made sure that visitors would be delighted with free gifts and specially-priced items. There are many free and nearly-free offerings to pick up as you explore the booths, and these are just a few of my favorites! (Click for a full-size image.)

We Love Roleplay Group Gifts

We Love Roleplay Group Gifts (L$0), available through May 31st:

ieQED Double Nose Ring
Haste Dangle Chain Necklace
Evie’s Closet Tinuviel Collar & Grown
Fallen Gods Inc. Siren’s Call Tintable Face Tattoo

Also shown:

Skin: Insol Body Skin Scarlett – Ivory (L$0, no longer available)
Makeup: Alaska Metro Full Face Makeup – Two-Faced Earth 01 (L$0)
Lip Color: Alaska Metro Lip Stain Tester – Rose (L$0)
Eyes: AG. Destiny Eyes – Grey (L$0)
Hair: Wasabi Pills Irene Hair – Sorbet (L$0, FaMESHed group gift through May 27th)

But the generous Accessory Gods weren’t finished with me yet! Thanks to a tip from the excellent Teleport Hub blog, I visited the store Pure Poison to pick up the newly-released Gabrielle Jewelry Set and was amazed to find an entire collection of free gifts awaiting me!

Pure Poison Group Gifts

37 group gifts to enjoy, and most of them necklaces, earrings and jewelry sets. Incredible! I wholeheartedly appreciate this trend that brands have employed where they allow members who are new or are returning to the group to access previously-released gifts. You see this most often in groups where there’s a joining fee, but for a brand with a completely free in-world group to offer the same perk to their members? Truly an uncommon and fantastic find. Thank you so much, Pure Poison!

I have to admit though, I’m becoming just the teeniest bit antsy to get out and start exploring and enjoying the grid. Don’t get me wrong, I’m overwhelmed with gratitude that I’ve been able to double my wardrobe after only spending a scant L$2! I’m just one of those people who can’t bear to have a collection of unorganized items and objects in my inventory, so by nature I’m held back until I get everything unpacked, sorted out, and put away. Is that unusual, I wonder? My lovely friend Raznay says she hasn’t finished unpacking finds from the Wayward Hunt last month, and I understand that was a huge event with a lot to collect. I just want everything laid out neatly in nested and nestled folders, all ready to be worn at a moment’s notice. (Okay, I lied: I would never get dressed that quickly!) I even teased @SecondLife on Twitter that I’d be a very good lass if they would kindly implement an “UNPACK ALL THE THINGS” option, but they probably called my bluff. Curses! Maybe one of these days months years? ;)

11 thoughts on “Give Me One Accessoreason

Kat Feldragonne said:
    May 21, 2015 at 9:29 am

I second the ‘unpack all thing’ button! The Wayward Hunt had a lot of cool stuff – I spent a few days hopping around and picking them up! Pure Poison often also has a freebie on her shoes for group members – which I absolutely love! I love that you need everything to be organized before moving on – I thought it was just me! I have a folder of ‘OPEN THESE!’ where I put all my new stuff, so I know what still needs to be opened. Today it contains a ton of shoes!!! :-P

May 21, 2015 at 2:46 pm

Haha! I love the idea of an OPEN THESE! folder. I really need to get more organized for blogging efforts. I have so much stuff in my generic “Unsorted” folder that I started to forget what I picked up where. I would make the worst dedicated fashion blogger – gotta leave that stuff up to you experts! :)

Kat Feldragonne said:
        May 21, 2015 at 3:29 pm

I actually stole the idea from someone else. I put stuff in the OPEN THESE and then I make subfolders with the event name and date. I don’t really consider myself a ‘fashion blogger,’ but I love a good shoe/dress/hair as much as the next girl!!

keyliikkin said:
    May 21, 2015 at 9:35 am

Can I third the ‘unpack all the things’ button? Aside from increasing the amount of groups one can belong to, I can’t think of a change to the game I would enjoy more.

Great post, and thanks for pointing me in the direction of some great deals and freebies! Never will I be caught saying, “You know, I have enough jewelry.” Off to Pure Poison I go!

May 21, 2015 at 2:47 pm

It would make me SO happy! Even just the ability to drag out multiple objects for rezzing at once would be a big improvement. At least we can mass-delete things. That was a major find for me!

LOL @ having enough jewelry – can one ever claim that, really? What’s getting me personally is shoes. I’m not altogether surprised that designers rarely make shoes for system feet anymore, but my non-Slinkified toesies are dying for some summery options!

Raznay Decosta said:
    May 22, 2015 at 12:52 am

I love your finds! They’re absolutely exquisite! I’m also in awe of your talent for finding soany beautiful things for free, or nearly free. You make me want to leave the main I use, start a new avatar with you (I may or may not have just been singing Usher to you…)

I still haven’t unpacked my Wayward Hunt gifts! It’s been, umm, nearly a month now! I must sit down and do that ASAP as I too absolutely love a filed, sorted and gorgeous inventory!

Please never stop writing, I love your blog with the passion of a thousand suns!

Bacon out ;)

May 22, 2015 at 1:20 am

You’re totes “bacon” me blush, Razzy! ^_^

Ooh, start a new avie alt! That would be great fun, though you must have an exceptionally awesome wardrobe for 8 (!!) years on your main. I’m so jelly!

Thank you so much for your super sweet words, soulmate girl. You’ll probably take them all back when you’re petitioning the Labs for a restraining order after I stalk your geeky buns all over the grid, but for now I can bask in them happily! Mwah! ♥

Raznay Decosta said:
        May 29, 2015 at 10:06 pm

This is the story,

of a lovely lady,

who had an ever increasing inventory (pretend like that fit),

then one day she decided,

to clean out all her things..

Okay I lost my groove — damn — essentially I came back and discovered mesh and then discovered all my priceless artefacts would not work with a mesh body so I cleaned my inventory from 20K to something like 9K and after the Wayward Hunt and other things it’s back up to 11K >.<
        I need it smaller dammit!

P.S. It did take me a week to write this… I started it then I forgot I was writing it and then I thought I'd fix it and now I'm like "just post it already!" so here we are. And that the story of Raznay in one sentence!

May 30, 2015 at 7:41 pm

I don’t know whether to thank you or spank you for getting the “Brady Bunch” theme wedged firmly into my noggin. I vote for both! :)

See? Once again, so much alike. I get ants-in-my-pants if my inventory inches substantially higher than 10K. At that point I start getting analysis paralysis, like I almost have too much choice to deal with, and then I just default to the same outfits over and over again. On Ever, I’m up to around 6K already – it’s amazing how quickly that happens!

aubreymonday said:
    May 30, 2015 at 5:22 pm

Hi :) I enjoyed this post because I can so relate. I’m speaking of my ALT account that I occasionally use for blogging free finds and hunt events. I had to use shoes that hides the default feet and look for poses that hides default hands as well.

And like Raznay, my main account is also a huge mess from blogging items including hunt and freebies way back 2009… sadly they don’t work with a mesh body now :(

May 30, 2015 at 7:43 pm

It’s such a bummer that older system layers and such won’t work with mesh bodies. That’s a heartbreaker if you’re someone who holds onto the work of “vintage” designers who no longer have a presence in SL; if they never release appliers, you’re kind of out of luck if you ever want to wear those items, right? (I’m still figuring out mesh bits and bobs, so I’m not 100% certain I know exactly how they work, but hopefully I’m close!)

Thank you for your comment, Aubrey! <3